Post by sneazy on May 26, 2019 6:45:04 GMT -5
Doesn't really fit the other forums but beware - many spoilers ahead.
If you need armsolo, it might still be over at discord. I'll get back over there at some point - discord is a pain with multiple accounts for now.
My plan for armsolo has been
1. fix the rooms: no interest in many changes (volcanos, deluge) just want the Tuluk and Nak I am familiar with back
2. fix/create the hardcoded objects needed for spells, guards opening gates, plants (fix break vs. containers)
simplify (remove anything not needed for solo play - biographies, mail)
unify the design - currently has DB (removed), xml files (haven't decided maybe put all constants here), flat files, and many hardcoded constant values
This will be the most fun part for me.
5. maybe get around to putting in the data for foraging, skinning updates, crafting recipes, proper subguild definitions (old ones not extended)
What you can do with arm solo now:
1. play solo pve (some skills/spells do not work)
2. run a server - allow others to connect for battle royals
3. create multiple characters, set skills and test your pvp ideas
The big problem is that I have no timeline so I might die of old age before finishing this. And, the game for me is frozen in time -
I have no interest in any game changes since I quit playing. So what I do is going to become more obsolete for current arm players as time goes by.
I keep my own notes so what I am doing is sharing those notes. I'll try to get over to discord and post changes when I finish a task.