My soul can no longer handle the shameless plugging of Optional Realities. Luckily I'm the founder of the community which means there's a guy I can get to do it for me. From now on you'll be getting your weekly updates from Crayon! Treat him just like you'd treat me.
1. In the Redshift universe the Earth's sun entered a period of high solar activity which caused solar flares to become more common. This is a real thing our sun does and we have about a 15% chance of it happening every decade or so. This would cause massive radiation spikes but more importantly it would wash our planet in crippling EMP and fuck our weather.
2. Due to the sun messing up the planet, the people of Earth opted to get out of dodge. This was further pushed along due to resource issues from the advent of 3D printing causing humanity to go on a bit of a binge.
3. There are 3 seedships (which are Generational ships meaning that multiple generations of humans will live and die onboard before it reaches it destination) are sent out in 3 directions to areas that are believed to have potentially human habitable worlds. One of these ships is called the Trinidad and is the setting of Project Redshift.
4. In recent history the warp drive (Alcubierre drive) was developed but cannot be used on ships the size of the Seedship. This however gives the residents of the seedship the opportunity to explore for the first time since their journey began.
Okay awesome! There is this show on Netflix called Ascension which has a similar theme. It is really cool how they drew up some cultural delemas in that setting. Maybe something worth observing at dinner with your wife? (My wife loved it)
Also the political strife in the Silo series by Hugh Howey may serve as additional cultural inspiration. It's setting is a massive underground Silo but the general goal would be to observe the aspirations and behaviors of characters in a population of people within a limited space.
I love the concept for redshift. I could roll a huge variety of characters. And so far the staff you've chosen seem to be a breath of fresh air against the experiences of most on this board.
Joe how will the staff be managed so much of the staff/player problems from /other/ games can be avoided?
1. Project Redshift staff will not play the game. Thus far all staff have volunteered for this restriction. 2. Project Redshift staff get paid ergo they are held accountable for customer satisfaction. 3. Staff/Player conflict is impossible to not have. Our focus will be on making sure complaints are heard, recorded, and that particularly well thought our or consistent complaints are reviewed.
So to expand a bit on this. Let us suppose during alpha (we'll have an alpha phase which will be code testing not like full blown RP/Story) that people do not like the way we structured our emote system. Well emote systems are a pretty big part of player experience. So we source all the feedback, find consistent complaints, and try and figure out why it's a problem and change it. Truth be told we expect a professional customer relations response to remove a lot of the common issues MUDs have.
Good question. Currently everything is out of my pocket. As none of the Project Redshift staff believe in pay 2 win, we'll worry about funding it when it's closer to release and we'll reveal some of our ideas on funding.
ppurg pallbearer: Yeah Looonsh should probably get promoted for chasing your rancid ass off the game. lmao
Jul 21, 2020 15:26:10 GMT -5
punctuation: Haters gonna hate while I elevate.
Jul 21, 2020 15:27:50 GMT -5
punctuation: Just bet you're thankful the clean dismantling of your faux woke, insane arguments have scrolled out of view. You thought Africa in Zalanthas or something LMAO
Jul 21, 2020 15:35:02 GMT -5
punctuation: Wake up and read history, stop triviliazing people doing actually meaningful social justice work.
Jul 21, 2020 15:35:46 GMT -5
jcarter: punctuation are you triste???
Jul 21, 2020 15:42:59 GMT -5
pinkerdlu: Yeah, she is.
Jul 21, 2020 15:54:56 GMT -5
punctuation: Isn't there a policy against revealing who people are? Either way my alias here is as stated, and representative of no other handle. My handle was inspired by the punctuation in that ELM comic.
Jul 21, 2020 15:55:27 GMT -5
pinkerdlu: Naw, no such policy exists. But go on with your insane rants. Not sure why you always try to go incognito on various platforms when people recognize your batshit bipolar antics almost instantly.
Jul 21, 2020 15:56:57 GMT -5
jcarter: you were banned before for being creepily obsessed with case and dragging me into it, your multiple attempts at signing up got rejected, idk why you want to be here when you said we're all nazis gtfo
Jul 21, 2020 15:58:05 GMT -5
pinkerdlu: Good to see you Marten *tips turban*
Jul 22, 2020 15:58:51 GMT -5
lefloid: LOL. Finally I can say it.
Aug 1, 2020 1:40:25 GMT -5
lefloid: Triste, you're a degenerate fucking libtard. SJWs are the pinnacle of human idiocy and retardation, get your shit in line and the sand out of your cunny/dick (whatever you prefer to have, idc)
Aug 1, 2020 1:41:26 GMT -5
lefloid: And whoever gives a goddamn flying fuck if fantasy races are enslaved, black, stereotypical or whateverthefuck. Go play Winnieh the Poo or someshit if you can't handle something that has existed and has been fun longer than your retarded ideas have existed
Aug 1, 2020 1:44:32 GMT -5